Grand Rapids, MI
Blue Sky Vision is looking to hire a Procurement Manager. BSV is a dedicated high growth company that provides world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. The Company is seeking partnerships with eye care practices throughout the state of Michigan, and more broadly, throughout the Midwest.
This position will be a critical member of the Blue Sky Vision team as we seek both organic and inorganic growth opportunities and strive for consistency across our locations. Responsibilities include: strategizing to find cost-effective suppliers and solutions while managing Blue Sky Vision’s supply of products, equipment, and services. The procurement duty is to discover the best ways to reduce procurement expenses, allowing us to focus on growth and people while maintaining a high level of service and support to all our practices.
- Oversees and manages key vendors, platforms, and partners relating to the purchasing functions of the healthcare system.
- Creates and manages systems for continuous improvement in the organization’s approach to procurement.
- On a regular basis conducts a vendor analysis of quality versus cost.
- Reviews and analyzes non-formulary items.
- Leverages industry best practices to improve the quality of healthcare services delivered through enhanced purchasing decisions.
- Oversees the analysis, implementation, and management of effective systems, practices, and processes related to non-labor spend.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for services and/or products.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with partners and recommends partners with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies industry statistics, market prices, and trends applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities negotiates prices and delivery terms for assigned responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing or procurement, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of fiscal management practice techniques
- Experience in developing bids and contract negotiation/documentation
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with company leaders, medical and administrative staff, patients, and the public
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Service-oriented, to further the mission of delivering excellent patient care, supporting doctor partners in their professional practice, and creating a fun and fast-growth environment for all team members
- Competitive pay and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**