Optometrists of Lansing, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for a Optician to join our team in Lansing, MI.
- Respond professionally to telephone inquiries by always giving proper information.
- Acknowledge, welcome and direct customers to the appropriate section of the office; determine the customer’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescriptions.
- Assist patients with selection of lenses, frames, and other products.
- Ensure all product pertinent to customer’s comfort, fashion and lifestyle needs are being presented.
- Take accurate PD, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure RX accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify time needed for processing to provide on time delivery.
- Verify all eye wear for accuracy of RX requirements by neutralizing prescriptions, inspecting product and documenting findings prior to delivery.
- Promptly notify customers when orders are completed or delayed.
- Adjust and dispense eye wear, explaining to customers the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses.
- Assist patient’s with complaint resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Having 1-3 years minimum of optical experience preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.