We have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance Specialist to work at Shoreline Vision, a fast paced, multi-specialty ophthalmology practice. We are looking for a career oriented individual who is dependable, friendly, a multi-tasker, and flexible.
The primary responsibilities for the Insurance Specialist include; processing, reviewing, and filing insurance claims; accounts receivable; and working closely with other insurance specialists and interacting with clinical team members.
- Reviews and verifies insurance claims.
- Processes and bills insurance claims to all designated payers.
- Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure claims are paid.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response.
- Actively works all Accounts receivable.
- Posts all incoming insurance and patient payments to appropriate accounts. Such payments include: checks, cash, credit cards, money orders, and Care Credit.
- Submits refund requests when appropriate.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages, and provides information regarding accounts to patients, insurance payers, and third party vendors.
- Answers patient questions and concerns by phone and at the front desk.
- Works collection accounts and follows up on status.
- Balances out daily cash and checks received.
- Maintains HIPPA standards and patient confidentiality. Adheres to office policies and procedures and works within Administrator’s compliance plan standards,
- Performs other duties as requested.
Skills & Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and have a great attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office insurance department required.
- Certificate and/or degree in Insurance Billing or Insurance Coding is preferred.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.