Join Michigan’s Largest and Fastest Growing Eye Care Group!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance Specialist to work at Shoreline Vision, a partner of Blue Sky Vision. Shoreline Vision is a fast-paced, multi-specialty ophthalmology practice. Working closely with other insurance specialists and clinical team members, the Insurance Specialist will process, review, and file insurance claims. The Insurance Specialist will also assist with accounts receivable.
- Reviews and verifies insurance claims.
- Works claims, denials, and rejections with insurance companies.
- Processes and bills insurance claims to all designated payers.
- Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure claims are paid.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response.
- Actively works all Accounts Receivable.
- Posts all incoming insurance and patient payments to appropriate accounts. Such payments include checks, cash, credit cards, money orders, and Care Credit.
- Submits refund requests when appropriate.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages and provides information regarding accounts to patients, insurance payers, and third-party vendors.
- Answers patient questions and concerns by phone and at the front desk.
- Works collection accounts and follows up on status.
- Balances out daily cash and checks received.
- Maintains HIPPA standards and patient confidentiality. Adheres to office policies and procedures and works within Administrator’s compliance plan standards,
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Certificate and/or degree in Insurance Billing or Insurance Coding is preferred.
Skills & Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and have great attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office insurance department – working claims, denials, and rejections required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
**We are an equal opportunity employer**