Grand Rapids, MI
Blue Sky Vision is looking to hire a Human Recourses Generalist (HR Generalist) to join our growing team in our Grand Rapids, MI office. Blue Sky Vision is a dedicated high growth company that provides world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. The Company is seeking partnerships with eye care practices throughout the state of Michigan, and more broadly, throughout the Midwest.
The HR Generalist will undertake a wide range of HR tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the department. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental and organizational development, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), talent management, compliance, benefits, employee relations, and employment. The HR Generalist will ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Addresses team member questions and inquiries daily basis related to HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists with team member recruitment and onboarding, to include scheduling phone screens and in-person interviews, administering new hire testing, and completing new hire paperwork.
- Maintains employment data and electronic files for all team members.
- Inputs employment data and runs reports in the HRIS.
- Administers benefits for new hires and assists with changes.
- Assists with benefits-related questions and helps to resolve claim issues, in conjunction with our benefits advisor.
- Administers the 401(k) plan, to include assisting with initial enrollment, election changes, loans, and other inquiries.
- Completes required reporting related to EEO laws, benefits, etc. to maintain compliance.
- Assists with employee relations matters.
- Assists with coordination, implementation, and company communication regarding HR services, policies, and programs.
- Occasional travel to clinic locations to meet with team members, managers, and new hires.
- Other special projects and HR-related duties as assigned.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a progressive human resources position, such as an HR Assistant, HR Coordinator, or HR Generalist
- Experience in the healthcare industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work and learn independently and in a team situation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent PC, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Competitive pay and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**