Exciting opportunity for an Ophthalmic Assistant to work at Shoreline Vision, a fast-paced, multi-specialty ophthalmology practice. We are looking for a career oriented individual who is dependable, friendly, a multi-tasker, flexible and willing to travel between our 6 practices.
- Interact with patients to accurately gather information and enter into electronic medical records related to their health history, visual acuity measurements, lensometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), refracting etc.
- Conduct tests and measure eye muscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
Skills & Experience
- Prior Ophthalmology or medical background, required.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, team-player with great attention to detail.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, life and dental insurance, 401K, paid holidays, scrub allowance and CE allowance once you are certified.
- Career experiences that provide employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.