Grand Rapids, MI
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Billing Specialist will serve as primary contact to provide answers to patients regarding their billing questions and maintain patient account. The Billing Specialist will demonstrate sensitivity to patient’s needs and Patient Privacy Act, as well as demonstrate insurance and benefit knowledge.
- Assist patients answering billing questions and educate when necessary regarding benefits.
- Reviewing and posting of EFTs.
- Reviewing and working rejections/denials of services.
- Reply to and compose emails and tasks to staff as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with the Revenue Cycle Department to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Regular and recurrent predictable attendance is expected.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 1 to 3 years of medical billing experience.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Next Gen (EMR/EHR) software desired.
- Basic computer skills that include a combination of experience in Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, e-mail and data entry.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Well organized with the ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
- Career experiences that provide employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.