Shoreline Vision, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for Surgical Technologist to join our surgery center in Muskegon. This position is part-time, 30+ hours per week, and includes health benefits. The Surgical Technologist is responsible for the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure; has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon; has the knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure; and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Obtains appropriate sterile and non-sterile items needed for procedures.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed.
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves.
- Sets up sterile field with instruments, supplies, equipment and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts of surgical supplies/instruments.
- Performs interventions necessary to ensure that the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side and level.
- Gowns and gloves surgeon.
- Helps in draping sterile field.
- Passes instruments and other items to the surgeon during procedure.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure.
- Prepares sterile dressings.
- Cleans and prepares instruments and performs terminal sterilization.
- Participates in terminal cleaning of operating room.
- Assists in prepping operating room for next patient.
- Collaborates with other disciplines as appropriate.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement projects.
- Participates in Infection Prevention and Control activities.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process.
- Uses problem solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintains required competencies.
- Pursues professional growth and continued learning.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION – REQUIRED:
- Graduate from Associate Degree Surgical Technologist program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
QUALIFICATIONS – PREFERRED:
- Maintain Surgical Technologist Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Competitive pay and comprehensive health benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**