Grand Rapids, MI
Blue Sky Vision is looking to hire an Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator/Officer to join our growing team in our Grand Rapids, MI office. Blue Sky Vision is a dedicated high growth company that provides world-class support to leading providers of eye care services.
What we need: The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator/Officer is a key member of the Blue Sky Vision team who will develop, maintain and oversee the patient and employee safety program. This will be done through the development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety. The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator/Officer will ensure that all Blue Sky Vision locations are up to compliance with safety regulations. Working closely with Human Resources, the Safety Coordinator/Officer will be a resource for all staff to address concerns and questions pertaining to safety.
In order to fulfill the above responsibilities, we are seeking an individual with the below skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care, business or management with 1 to 3 years of applicable professional experience required.
- Registered Nurse preferred.
- Educated and familiar with OSHA and state and federal regulations pertaining to safety.
- Skilled at Organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple activities and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Independent and self-directed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff and contacts outside the organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and Internet Resources.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Our Vision: To be the model for unsurpassed patient experience, inspiring and empowering our team through innovation, dedication to excellence, and the creation of opportunity through growth.
Who we are: Blue Sky Vision is dedicated to providing world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. Our partnership practices offer a full suite of eye care services and employ the largest number of eye care specialists and professionals in the West Michigan region – 26 Ophthalmologists, 39 Optometrists, and 595 other team members across its 32 locations. We formed in 2017 in partnership with Chicago based private equity firm Sterling Partners.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**