Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Join the largest and fastest- growing Eye Care Group in Michigan!
Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is seeking an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to join their team! Vitreo-Retinal Associates specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the eye including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular disease, and retinal detachment. As the area’s leader in innovative research, we offer the latest advancements in diagnostic and surgical technologies.
The primary focus of the job is to coordinate and execute clinical drug trials under the guidance of the principal investigator.
- Ensure adherence to regulations, protocol, and company Standard Operating Procedures and processes
- Seek out new trials, review protocols, provide feedback to principal investigator
- Maintain Good Clinical Practices certification
- Attend clinical trial meetings
- Support physician investigators and study team
- Manage investigational products according to protocol
- Obtain laboratory specimens and conduct processing according to protocol and IATA requirements
- Process clinical trial product shipments according to protocol and timelines
- Coordinate, schedule, and participate in monitor and/or FDA site reviews; provide support and information to monitors as necessary.
- Maintain patient safety with regards to protocol requirements
- Manage patient enrollment data according to protocol timelines
- Receive and request data from patient records; complete paper and electronic case report forms
- Identify and report adverse events
- Perform data entry and transmit data to sponsors as required
- Retrieve missing data promptly to insure completeness of case report forms
- Answer unscheduled patient calls and assess for adverse events
- Coordinate schedules for patients, investigators, and study team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Medical office experience (2 years)
- Medical terminology
- Ophthalmology experience (preferred but not required)
- Clinical research experience (preferred but not required)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**