East Lansing, MI
Vision Care Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for a Front Desk Associate to join our team. If you are looking to work with great staff, great doctors and in a great environment, then this is the place for you!
- Maintain professionalism to provide excellent customer service
- Welcome and greet patients/visitors to the office in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determine the purpose of the visit and direct patients/visitors to the appropriate person or department(s)
- Check patients in and out, verify insurance, collect payments, schedule patient’s upcoming appointments
- Practice confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties; word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones, and data entry.
- Work to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times; provide information to patients; call the provider office; transfer calls as needed
- Assist patient with any contact lens and optical pick-ups as required
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience. Health care or Optical experience preferred
- Prior experience with EMR/EHR preferred
- Be helpful and courteous, and display strong, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team player with great attention to detail
- Be detail-oriented, trainable, and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent computer skills
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**