Muskegon, MI 49444
Join Michigan’s largest and fastest growing Eye Care Groups!
Shoreline Vision, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, has an exciting opportunity for an
Insurance Specialist to join our team! We are looking for a career-oriented individual who is dependable, friendly, a multi-tasker, and flexible.
• Obtain surgery authorizations using payer websites, facsimile and telephone
• Provide surgical patients out of pocket cost estimates via telephone and written correspondence
• Collect prepayments for surgery patients and apply accordingly
• Process insurance claims; accounts receivable; and work closely with other insurance specialists and interact with clinical team members.
• Review, verify, and process insurance claims.
• Work claim denials and rejections.
• Contact insurance companies to obtain claim payment.
• Resubmit insurance claims that have received no response.
• Post all incoming insurance and patient payments to appropriate accounts. i.e. checks, cash, credit cards, money orders, and Care Credit.
• Submit refund requests.
• Answer and screen telephone calls, take messages, and provide information regarding accounts to patients, insurance payers, and third-party venders.
• Answer patient questions and concerns by phone.
• Work collection accounts and follow up on status of payment.
• Balance out daily cash and checks received.
• Maintain HIPAA standards and patient confidentiality.
• Minimum of High School diploma
Skills & Experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be well-organized, a team-player, and have a great attention to detail.
• Certificate and/or degree in Insurance Billing or Insurance Coding is preferred.
• Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office insurance department – working claims, denials, and rejections required.
• Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
• Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**