Grand Rapids, MI
Join the largest and fastest-growing Eye Care Group in Michigan!
Surgical Care Center of Michigan, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse. Join our growing team of highly motivated clinicians and support staff. The job duties will include performing various nursing tasks in the Preop area. Our ideal candidate will possess previous nursing experience in a high-volume setting, outstanding communication skills, and have exceptional customer service.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA
- Effectively uses EMR system to document patient records using proper English grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Assists with surgical procedures as needed
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients, utilizing established guidelines
- Assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Current state license to practice as an LPN
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a medical assistant is preferred. Understanding of medical technology and surgical care is preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**