Optometric Front Desk/Receptionist
Optometrists of Lansing is a well-established, busy eye care provider looking to add a motivated Optometric Front Desk/Receptionist to our hard working team. An ideal candidate for this role is someone with strong communication and computer skills who can create a positive first impression by showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Welcome and greet patients/clients/visitors to the office in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with visit and continues to communicate delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Provides information to patients calling the provider office; transfers calls as needed; works to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Schedules patient follow up appointment to office based on predetermined appointment templates.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Informs patient of any existing balance noted in computer and request patient be prepare for any payment due at time of visit.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Additional work related duties as assigned as determined by the supervisor and/or management. These changes in duties can be either written or verbal.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years related experience preferred. Health care experience preferred.
- Prior experience with EMR is preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**