Grand Rapids, MI 49546
The Clinical Supervisor for Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is responsible and accountable for leading and managing the physician clinic. The Clinical Supervisor must work effectively with physicians, staff, and patients to ensure quality patient care and keep the clinic flowing smoothly.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Supervision and management of the clinical staff (approximately 12-15 employees) which includes creating schedules, planning for adequate staffing, employee discipline and performance reviews.
- Assistance with hiring new clinical staff and coordinating training of new team members.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the clinical team duties and to work along side the other clinical staff to provide quality patient care.
- Management of the physicians surgical schedules and the ability to step into the surgical scheduling role as needed.
- Involvement in the drug inventory process and medical supply ordering.
- Provide positive reinforcement to the clinical staff and promote good morale.
- Lead monthly staff meetings.
- Effectively communicate with the physicians, clinical director, and other supervisors.
- Follow clinical guidelines and protocols and participate in creating new ones as needed.
- Participation in clinical research trials as needed.
- Management of the overall clinical flow with the ability to recognize problem areas and resolve as necessary in an effective and efficient manner.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA); preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Able to work well in a fast paced, high stress environment.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vison insurance, life and disability insurance, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, Sam’s/Costco membership, and uniform reimbursement.