Lansing, MI 48912
Join the largest and fastest- growing Eye Care Group in Michigan!
Blue Sky Vision is looking for an Optician to join our growing team at our practices in East Lansing, Haslett, and Perry, MI. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and computer skills, and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the care, treatment, and education of optometry patients.
- Interpret prescription and help patients choose appropriate eyewear, consulting with prescribing physicians as appropriate.
- Take optical measurements necessary for eyewear preparation.
- Ensure all products pertinent to the patient’s comfort, fashion, and lifestyle needs are being presented.
- Verify product availability and identify the time needed for processing to provide on-time delivery.
- Order eyewear from the laboratory based on prescription and patient preference.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of RX requirements prior to delivery
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to patient the proper usage and cleaning instruction of their glasses.
- Answer patient questions during visits and via phone, providing advice and resolving problems in consultation with optometrists and ophthalmologists.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO) Certification preferred but not required
- 1-3 years minimum of optical experience preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, and paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**