Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Ophthalmology is looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our growing team. An ideal candidate for this role is someone with strong communication and computer skills who can create a positive first impression by showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Interact with patients to accurately gather information and enter into electronic medical records related to their health history, visual acuity measurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure) etc.
- Conduct tests and measure eye muscle function, pupil size and reactivity.
- Assist with surgical procedures, as needed.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with visit and continues to communicate delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior Ophthalmology or medical background, preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR is preferred.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, team-player with great attention to detail.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
- Career experiences that provide employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**