Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to join our team! This a full time position based out of our Grand Rapids, MI office. The Technician will work Monday-Friday with occasional on call hours on the weekends and holidays. Our office specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the eye including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular disease, and retinal detachment.
- Interact with patients to accurately gather information and enter into electronic medical records related to their health history, visual acuity measurements, lensometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), refracting, etc.
- Conduct tests and measure eye muscle function, pupil size and reactivity.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of a High school diploma.
- Prior Ophthalmology or medical background preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR preferred.
- Superior computer skills.
- A team-player with great attention to detail.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well Organized.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, and uniform reimbursement.