Join the largest and fastest- growing Eye Care Group in Michigan!
Shoreline Vision, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our growing team in Fremont. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Interacts with patients to accurately gather information and enter it into our electronic medical records system; information is related to patients’ health history, visual acuity measurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), etc.
- Conducts tests and measures eye muscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Assists with surgical procedures as needed.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with the visit and continues to communicate delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Assists team members and completes other special projects as requested.
- Some travel between offices will be required. It is anticipated that this position will be 4 days a week in Fremont and 1 day a week in Muskegon.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous Optometry, Ophthalmology, or medical background preferred.
- Experience with Eye Care Leaders/iMedicWare or other EHR is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**