Grand Rapids, MI
Michigan’s largest and fastest-growing eye care group, is committed to recruiting an outstanding finance executive to serve as the Company’s Controller. We are looking for a leader with the passion, skill, knowledge, and experience to help us fulfill our Vision.
Our Vision: To be the model for unsurpassed patient experience, inspiring and empowering our team through innovation, dedication to excellence, and the creation of opportunity through growth.
Who we are: Blue Sky Vision is dedicated to providing world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. Our partnership practices offer a full suite of eye care services and employ the largest number of eye care specialists and professionals in the West Michigan region – 26 Ophthalmologists, 39 Optometrists, and 595 other team members across its 32 locations. We formed in 2017 in partnership with Chicago based private equity firm Sterling Partners.
What we need: This position will report directly to the [CFO] and will be a critical member of the Accounting and Finance team as we seek both organic and inorganic growth opportunities. The Controller will work closely with the senior management team in the operations of the combined business and Partner with the CFO to manage and lead the timely and accurate monthly financial close process for multiple-sites. This dynamic position will be on the front lines overseeing the operations of the accounting department, which includes motivating, mentoring, training, and coaching personnel to ensure optimal performance.
Key activities of the position will include maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. This role will professionalize the work environment and enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results and ensure compliance with GAAP.
How to Apply: Are you high energy, hands-on and versatile individual who can, and prefers to, act as a “can-do” team player? Do you have a passion for employee development and building a strong growth-oriented management team and culture? Have you managed in a private equity-backed company, and understand the dynamics of shareholder value creation while never losing sight of the mission of the organization? We would like to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis on Finance or Accounting preferred.
- CPA required, MBA preferred.
- Over ten years of progressive accounting and financial reporting experience with reputable organizations; advisory or public accounting experience a plus and multi-site healthcare service provider experience is preferred.
- Excellent GAAP knowledge and financial analysis skills.
- Private equity and lender reporting experience preferred.
- Accounting system implementation preferred.
- Ability to listen and interpret the requirements of internal customers; ability to work with executives, managers, and staff level personnel to drive improvements across an organization.
- Ability to think and operate beyond the standard scope of responsibility, possess strong decision-making skills, and demonstrate independent judgment.
- Ability to plan and anticipate potential problems.
- Highly organized, ability to excel in a stressful environment, properly prioritize, and manage several competing initiatives and responsibilities.
- Detail oriented a high degree of accuracy in all areas.
- Active team player, able to leverage peers for maximum output, and highly energetic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Service-oriented, entrepreneurial background, to further the mission of delivering excellent patient care, supporting doctor partners in their professional practice, and creating a fun and fast-growth environment for all employees