Grand Rapids, MI
Are you interested in healthcare, enjoy working with patients, and want to advance your career?
Blue Sky Vision, Michigan’s largest and fastest-growing eyecare provider is seeking individuals interested in working alongside our team of eye care professionals as eye care technicians. We are proud to have partnered with practices such as Grand Rapids Ophthalmology and Viteo-Retinal Associates, P.C. Together we are working to fulfill our purpose to: Lead the Way. Improve Sight. Change Lives.
Description: Eye care technicians work alongside eye doctors as they help patients with eye disorders, vision measurements for glasses, eye muscle exercises and the prevention of blindness. They also obtain medical histories from patients, administer diagnostic tests, provide contact lens instruction, administer eye medicine and maintain optical instruments. An eye care technician is a key member of our eye care team.
What are we looking for?
Blue Sky Vision will provide training that will teach you what you need to know to be a successful eye care technician. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Communication skills: Are you able to make people feel welcome and to communicate information and ideas so others can understand? Are you comfortable talking to strangers?
- Attitude: Do you have a can-do attitude and a willingness to be a part of the team? Do you take pride in everything you do?
- Willingness to learn: Do you have a desire for growth? Do you want to learn new skills for your job and personal growth?
Who we are: Blue Sky Vision is dedicated to providing world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. Our partnership practices offer a full suite of eye care services and employ the largest number of eye care specialists and professionals in the West Michigan region – 26 Ophthalmologists, 39 Optometrists, and 595 other team members across its 32 locations. We formed in 2017 in partnership with Chicago based private equity firm Sterling Partners.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**