Grand Rapids, MI
Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is seeking a Transcriptionist to join our team! This is a full time position based out of the Grand Rapids office. The Transcriptionist would work Monday-Friday. Our practice specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the eye including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, macular disease, and retinal detachment. The job involves transcribing information into our EHR system, proofreading, sending reports, etc.
- Transcribe dictated recordings made by physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Listen to medical reports carefully using headset.
- Transcribe examination reports, operative reports, consultation reports, diagnostic-imaging studies, progress notes, and referral letters.
- Proofread document for errors and grammar.
- Prepare documents and send them to the patients PCP and other healthcare providers.
- Minimum of a High school diploma.
- At least one year of medical transcription experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with NextGen software or other EHR preferred.
- Well organized and great attention to detail.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, and uniform reimbursement.