Grand Haven, MI
OPTICAL FRONT DESK SPECIALIST
Shoreline Vision is looking for an Optical Front Desk Specialist to join our Grand Haven team. This position is part time – approximately 24 hours per week Wednesday-Friday. The Optical Front Desk Specialist is responsible for maintaining patient flow; verifying all demographic and insurance information; obtaining authorizations as needed; placing product orders; invoice and statement tracking; filing; and phone responsibilities.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner at all times.
- Checks patients into the optical department. Verifies all patient’s demographic information either verbally or with the forms provided. Verifies insurance cards and makes sure the most update-to-date copy is in the system.
- Obtains insurance authorizations as needed for vision insurance or medical insurance.
- Sets patients up for the Patient Portal.
- Double checks Patient Data Sheets and New Patient forms to make sure they are entered correctly.
- Schedules patients for future contact lens training appointments.
- Notifies patients of finished products.
- Maintains HIPPA standards and patient confidentially. Adheres to office policies and procedures and works within administrators’ compliance plan standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
- Competitive pay and comprehensive health benefits, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**