Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Join the largest and fastest-growingEye Care Group in Michigan!
Grand RapidsOphthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for an OphthalmicTechnician to join our growing team in Holland. The ideal candidate willpossess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior clientservice by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that weprovide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Interacts with patients toaccurately gather information and enter it into our electronic medical recordssystem; information is related to patients’ health history, visual acuitymeasurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription),tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), etc.
- Conducts tests and measures eyemuscle function, pupil size, and reactivity.
- Assists with surgical procedures asneeded.
- Proactively engages patients incommunicating what to expect with the visit and continues to communicate delaysor any other changes with the patient.
- Maintains professionalism to provideexcellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacyprotocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Assists team members and completesother special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior Optometry, Ophthalmology, ormedical background preferred.
- Experience with NextGen software orother EHR is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, ateam-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with apatient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computerskills.
- Some travel between offices will/maybe required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensivebenefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) withcompany contribution paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide teammembers with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewardingwork environment.
- Opportunities that spark yourimagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are anEqual Employment Opportunity Employer**