Grand Rapids, MI
Join the largest and fastest-growing Eye Care Group in Michigan
Blue Sky Vision is dedicated to providing world-class support to leading providers of eye care services. Our partnership practices offer a full suite of eye care services and employ the largest number of eye care specialists and professionals in the West Michigan region. We are looking for a medical coder with experience. The Coding Specialist will serve as primary contact to ICD -10-CM and CPT4 coding support to the clinical staff and physicians. If you are a collaborative professional, who can demonstrate sensitivity to patients’ needs and the Patient Privacy Act, we want to meet you.
- Assist Physicians and clinical staff with coding questions
- Review and enter of charges
- Review and work rejections/denials of services with the appropriate biller
- Reply to and compose emails and tasks to staff as necessary
- Work cooperatively with the Revenue Cycle Management department to accomplish the goals of the department
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- 1 to 3 years of medical coding experience
- CPT Coding and ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding- Coding certification preferably in Ophthalmology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent problem solving skills
- Well organized with the ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
As a critical member of our team, you will enjoy
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**