We have an exciting opportunity for an Ophthalmic Assistant to work at Shoreline Vision, a partner of Blue Sky Vision. Shoreline Vision is a fast paced, multi-specialty ophthalmology practice. This position is based out of our Muskegon, MI office. We are looking for a career oriented individual who is dependable, friendly, a multi-tasker, flexible and willing to travel between our 6 practices.
- Interact with patients to accurately gather information and enter into electronic medical records related to their health history, visual acuity measurements, lensometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), refracting etc.
- Conduct tests and measure eye muscle function, pupil size and reactivity.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
Skills & Experience
- Prior Ophthalmology or medical background, preferred.
- Experience with iMedicWare software or other EHR is preferred.
- Superior computer skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, and a team-player with great attention to detail.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, scrub allowance, and Continuing Education assistance once certified.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**