Optometrists of Lansing is a well-established, busy eye care provider looking to add a motivated team player to our hard working staff. We are looking for an optician to join our team. Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory and desire to provide an amazing customer service experience a must.
- Acknowledge, welcome and direct customers to the appropriate section of the office; determine the customer’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescriptions.
- Assist patients with selection of lenses, frames, and other products.
- Ensure all product pertinent to customer’s comfort, fashion and lifestyle needs are being presented.
- Take accurate PD, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure RX accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify time needed for processing to provide on time delivery.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of RX requirements by neutralizing prescriptions, inspecting product and documenting findings prior to delivery.
- Promptly notify customers when orders are completed or delayed.
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to customers the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses.
- Assist patients with complaint resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Having 1-3 years minimum of optical experience preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, & vacation.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**