Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Front Desk Receptionist
Vitreo-Retinal Associates, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, has an excellent opportunity for a Front Desk Receptionist in our Kalamazoo office. We are a busy ophthalmic practice providing state-of-the-art specialized retinal eye care. If you are looking to work with excellent doctors and team members in a collaborative environment, this is the place for you!
- Welcomes and greets patients/visitors to the office in a manner that is helpful and friendly.
- Checks patients in and out, verifies insurance, collects payment, schedules patients’ upcoming appointments, posts charges, etc.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties, including but not limited to: copying, faxing, answering phones, and data entry.
- Maintains professionalism; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Provides information to patients calling the office; transfers calls as needed; works to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Occasional travel to satellite locations is required.
- Minimum of HS Diploma.
Skills and Experiences
- 1 – 2 years of related experience preferred.
- A team player who is friendly and professional.
- Detail-oriented, trainable, and committed to providing excellent patient care.
- Exemplary computer skills.
- Prior experience with EMR/EHR preferred.
- Experience in the medical field is recommended, but not required for the right candidate.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**